A place for everything and everything in its place!

I may not be the best house keeper in the world but I do like… a place for everything and everything in its place… and finally I am carrying this through to my Studio.

My wonderful little Studio seemed to be groaning at the very seams with little bits of this and that so my mission over the school holidays (because I naively believed it would be a simple project during this time) was to inject some organisation into my haven and that, I’m pleased to announce, I have!

My only big concern with the Colour Renovation was the dots on the Classic Inks! I only discovered this year that each colour family had a certain number of dots between one and four allocated to it in order to distinguish which family each ink belonged to. This made for such ease when storing but what was going to happen to these dots with all these changes in the colour families? Well, it appeared the dots were being abolished so I had to take matters into my own hands.

You can see in the picture below how some of the ink pads have three dots, some have two dots and the new colours now have none. I went through quite a few various scenarios before reaching the solution below. Nothing quite like “cut and paste “is there but hey, it works well. Yep, I simply printed and stuck the name of each family on the front, ha!


The cardstock I wanted to do much the same  with. I had been doing this anyways by storing them in their colour families but with this Colour Renovation I wanted to take the opportunity to take it that one step further by making it easier for visitors to find what they were looking for. Hence the labelled name tags in each of the colours attached to acetate. This worked a dream but I also wanted to incorporate my off-cuts with these A4’s for ease.

I had been keeping all my off-cuts in a credenza but as my scraps grew so did the credenza which was becoming a nightmare to work with. Plus it was so very time consuming looking for the right colour at the right time so I searched for a more user-friendly, simplistic way. The solution, A4 plastic inserts that had the opening on the longest side. I simply cut the reinforced side off them, then also named each coloured label that was attached to them.

I’m mighty chuffed with the end result and I know in comparison to others my stash of cardstock is very slim but  hey, it’s mine and I’m more then happy with my lot!

Oh, and have yourself an... Inkee Fiddling Day!

Joanne x

Related Posts with Thumbnails

One thought on “A place for everything and everything in its place!

  1. Glad you were able to get organized. That is a goal for me too. I dont think it is ever gonna happen though. Wanna come help….=)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *