Admittedly, on wanting to get an early head-start on my Christmas cards this year, I was going to dedicate this month to Christmas in July. This then had me wondering about other uses for these stamp sets that tend to sit idly for a good part of the year.
And although I’m still making Christmas cards, I’m also now looking at how to create cards for other occasions with what is at first glance Christmas sets.
The first of my challenges is with the Labels to Love Stamp Set (page 103 2018-2019 Annual Catalog) with the matching Everyday Label (page 211 2018-2019 Annual Catalog).
The Labels to Love Stamp Set lends itself most obviously to tags but has many possibilities for beautiful simple Christmas cards as well. One thing at a time though so more about that later!
Happy belated Canada Day and Happy Independence Day – hope you’re enjoying the beginning of the summer here in the Northern Hemisphere!
After hearing Whoopie go absolutely nuts about the grand finale of LOST I felt I should be watching it, especially as I was such a fan of it in the beginning but after only five minutes I could sense I had been out of the loop for way to long. And that has pretty much been my day…
I had three lovely clear tables when I walked into the Studio this morning thinking I was doing a WorkShop so as I walked around in circles wondering what I was now to do with my day, I gathered things along the way and started to set up “projects”.
I couldn’t believe myself as it was only yesterday I was saying how I was having to teach myself to focus on completing one project before going onto the next but here I was setting up for a birthday gift that needs to be in the post tomorrow but all I did was choose the colours… I was going to do next months “Stamp a Stack” but decided I didn’t want to use the sets I’d chosen… and on it went…
Hopefully tomorrow I shall actually complete something but here’s something I completed last week-end. Last week-end was the big Stampin’ Up Convention in Sydney. Family commitments had me unable to attend, as was the situation for many a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator hence a little something was organised for those of us not attending… the Unconvention… four days of wonderful challenges.
To kick start all this a card swap was arranged whereby any of us who wanted to participate, we simply put our names down then sent Tanya six cards. Whereby later this week we should in return receive a wonderful assortment of six cards. I can’t wait but as this was my first swap I was ever so nervous about what I was submitting. An ENTIRE week-end later and this was my contribution that I sent off to WA…
The black is on white cardstock that I have actually embossed bamboo leaves around the outer edge.
it never fails to amaze me how quickly the time between 9am and 3pm goes! Especially when you are racing the clock with a pending birthday party this week-end. Yes… I thought I was all organised with the Girl Child’s birthday present because I’d bought it weeks ago.
I may have bought it weeks ago but it was by pure chance that Boy Child came down the night before last looking for something very similar which prompted me to think of the one I’d bought for Sunday. Thank goodness, as there is just the one minor detail with it… I HAD TO DECORATE IT... OMG!!!
Needless to say yesterday and today have been operation GET BOOK COVERED. This is what I think could be the end result…
Fortunately I managed to die-cut all my letters on my Big Shot yesterday, then put Crystal Effects onto each one to give them the acrylic look. I also sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds over them all whilst they were setting just to give them a little more ompf. If I’d had a tad more time I would have made a point of lining up the letters when I stuck them to the cover a little better but it is what it is now. And I think Miss Six, who will then be Miss Seven, will still enjoy it just as it is.
I’ve even managed a box for it with matching DSP stuck onto card-stock to give it some extra strength then lined it with some of the shredded tissue I had left over from the Easter Basket that was my April’s “Off the Page” class. Today I made my first acetate lid. I’ve never done more then use acetate as paint trays in the past so this was WAY out of my comfort zone. It took three goes until I had something I was happy with and strangely enough, the two “rejects” fitted together neatly to make a clear box… spooky!
But as I look at the clock I see something very familiar to me, any my poor family… I’M LATE… best run!